There’s been quite a lot of exciting news this month!
On August 15th I got the news that my script for “The Morning After” had made it to the semi-finals of the PAGE International Screenwriting Awards. Next round results are on September 15, with the winners and runners up announced October 15.
Because I got into the PAGE quarter-finals, I was able to apply for a scholarship to Stowe Story Labs – and I am now off to Stowe, Vermont next month! I decided to submit a new script, a one hour pilot tentatively called “ReMade”, so that’s what I’ll be working on for the 4 days (and in the weeks after!)
Fall Narrative Lab
Stowe Story Labs brings emerging screenwriters, filmmakers and creative producers from around the world together with seasoned industry professionals to help get projects made and seen.
The four-day intensive program features:
- Skill development and focus on story structure, character and theme; conversation about story; packaging; elements of creative production; casting; and finance and distribution
- Specific workshops focused on adaptation
- Direct access to working industry professionals
- Opportunities to build knowledge, skills and insights to navigate the film industry
- A network of talented peers, vital in this collaborative art and business
- workshop, roundtable and social time
- A beautiful setting to develop your craft!
Short Film News
My short film “The Morning After” played at the Nightpiece Film Festival at the Edinburgh Fringe on August 22.
Next up it is screening in Portugal at the Ocean Coast Film Festival on September 7, followed by not one but TWO screenings the same weekend in the US.
- On Saturday at 11am, it screens at the Cambodia Town Film Festival in Long Beach, California.
- On Saturday night, in the 9pm – 11pm thriller shorts slot, it screens at Detroit SheTown Film Festival!
I’ll be attending the Long Beach festival, after the Stowe Writing Lab, with a week in New York before, and a week in LA after! I’m hoping to get to some networking/industry mixers so it’s not *just* a holiday 😉
And in other news, my second short “Remote Access”, co-produced and co-written with Michela Carattini, is now in the final stages of post-production. We should have a trailer and interviews ready to drop in the next month or two.